If you have been looking for homes for sale in Colorado Springs recently, you’ve probably been discouraged by a lack of resale inventory; or maybe you are finding homes in old neighborhoods or locations that do not excite you. There are more buyers than sellers right now; and there can be a lot of back and forth between buyer and seller when buying resale. Buying new can be refreshingly straightforward!
New home construction in Colorado Springs has been on the rise and there are several homebuilders in Cordera’s beautiful master planned community ready to construct your dream home from scratch. Aside from avoiding the rat race that is today’s real estate market, there are plenty of advantages to building a new home over buying an existing one.
- Location: When you build a new home in Cordera, you don’t just get to choose your builder, you get to choose where in the neighborhood you want to live and what you want to see when you look out your window. That’s not something you can find when you buy an existing home.
- Design: When you build a new home, you don’t have to settle for a less-than-perfect floor plan. You can choose a design that works for you and your family and build it to match your dreams. You get to decide on everything from how many bedrooms on how many floors your home will have to what kind of kitchen fixtures and appliances your builder will install.
- Energy efficiency: New homes are built much more intelligently than they used to be. They’re well-insulated and use energy-efficient furnaces, air conditioning and lighting to cut back on your energy bills.
- Hassle free: When you buy a 20-year-old home, you might have a few years before the roof needs to be replaced and the water heater goes bad; but those things could also happen more quickly than you expect. In a new home, everything is new, and that means it’s less likely to have problems. Plus, new homes come with warranties!
- The neighborhood: New construction in Colorado Springs isn’t just about new houses, it’s about developing a new kind of neighborhood with its own culture and a deep sense of community. That’s what Cordera has accomplished in the Briargate area. The master planned community isn’t just a collection of houses. It’s neighbors coming together for events like wine tastings, sports camps and kids parties, swimming lessons at the community pool, concerts and movie nights.
A new home is your home from head to toe. You don’t just own it, you were part of building it – and when that new home can be in an amazing new Colorado Springs neighborhood like Cordera, you’re also building a community.